Thursday, June 2, 2011

Seeking, Savoring and Sharing

I am here. What a gift. I don't take this for granted. I have been here for almost 52 years. I have learned a few things along the way, not just because my years are mounting up but because I am a seeker of wisdom. Wisdom comes for me usually in the small, ordinary moments. If any moment is really ordinary.


I am learning to savor. Each moment. Quite easily in joy, still a struggle in pain. I am learning to be present, here, now, with each breath. To not run from the pain, to not  hold on to the joy too long. To yield to what is, to hold the moment gently and then release it.  To recognize it for the gift it is. But we so often "have eyes but do not see and ears but do not hear" (Jeremiah )


I know the importance of sharing. I am a sponge for the wisdom others have poured out.  Many of my musing are nothing more than recyled thoughts of others. "There is nothing new under the sun"( Ecclesiastes).  

These musing are my attempt to see and hear, seek and savor and perhaps in the process share a drop or two with you.


"Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy" Rabi Heschel

No comments:

Post a Comment